EDUCATIONAL & ENTERTAINMENT Company
Grade 5 Canadian History
Educational Theme Park
"Canadian History REALM"
The Realm is located just outside the
Village of Hastings, Ontario. It is open during from June 19 to June 23, 2017,
from 10:00am until 2:00pm. Students get to participate at each of the Canadian History areas.
One of our expert Canadian History teachers at each station will give a brief history of that particular topic
prior to the students getting to participate in the activity. The various areas include:
The climax of the afternoon comes at 1:00pm
when the students get to witness a Viking Fighting Tournament.
- The Vikings
- The Fur Trade
- The Significance of the Turtle to the First Nations people, by Reptile Rescue of Peterborough
- Voyageur Encampment
- Native Armour & Weapons vs. European Armour & Weapons; Before & after Contact
- First Nations Hoop Dancers by Crystak & Jade
- Music from New France
- Jesuits & Etienne Brule
Each area is 15 minutes long, this is based
on the average attention span of a person. We have a limit of 240 students per day. The students will be split
into six groups, representing Natives & Europeans to make each group easily discernable.
Each group proceeds to each of the 8 areas prior to lunch, which begins at 12:30pm. After
lunch, we have a Viking Fighting Tournament. Once the Tournament is over, the students are
allowed to get autographs of the various performers.
We have a store (Ye Olde Shoppe) on site that sells various items reasonably priced (under $10)
so that students can afford to purchase a souvenir if they wish. We also sell water and varieties of chips.
We do not sell any pop, candy or chocolate.
Information about cost:
Important information for Students:
- The cost per student is $30.00 + HST
- Parents are welcome to attend (same price as students), but we request that they travel by bus as there is limited parking
- Students can purchase souvenirs from our Store "Ye Olde Shoppe"
- Students must bring their lunch
- We also sell water and varieties of chips
- Teachers and EA's attend for free
- Students must bring their own lunch
- Students must dress weather appropriate (hats are recommended)
- There is a store to purchase souvenirs, priced under $10
- The Realm happens regardless of weather. Only lightening causes cancellation
Important information for Teachers:
- Everyone must bring their own lunch
- Everyone must dress weather appropriate (hats are recommended)
- 25% deposit required ASAP to hold your spot
- Balance of money is due on the day of your school trip
- Please make cheque payable to: Blades of Glory
- Montse is your contact at The Realm
Your Realm Hosts are: Harry & Montse
Advantages for having a school trip at The Realm:
- The Realm is Educationally based, follows the curriculum
- "Hands on" activities for the students
- Stations are 15 minutes long, consideration to the student's "attention span"(including ADD & ADHD students)
- Section 23 Students do well here, due to the different forms of learning
- The Realm uses many learning techniques: Visual, Auditory, Tactile, Olfactory and also "acting" in a play
- The Realm is on private land, therefore when the gates are shut, no "strangers" can enter
- Students are easily seen as they are wearing one of six coloured pith helmets
- Each station is in the open so the students are well seen, all of the time
- No city traffic as The Realm is located outside of the town of Hastings
- Students are immersed in the atmosphere of the theme park
- Students cheering their favourite Gladiator is encouraged as it expels excess energy, just before leaving on the bus
- Bus Drivers get Free Coffee and a pastry at Bridgewater Donut Shop in Hastings, speak with Montse for further details
- The Realm is FUN for all ages!!
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact us: (705) 653-4144
2015 Blades of Glory